Sunday, July 26, 2009

A Heart-Felt Welcome!


These are half of my beautiful grandchildren wearing the newest designs in tie-dye. Previously my work was featured on my talented daughter, Allison's website here.

A New Creative pursuit in blogging.
Thank you for joining me. On this blog you will find evidence of my adventures in creativity.
You might ask "Why?"
My main motivation at this time is because my very favorite artists and bloggers are doing a summertime give-away, and I want to win.
Sue Bleiweiss and Terri Stegmiller at Two Creative Studios are wonderful mixed-media artists and fabulous inspirational teachers. Their online classes are fun, creative, well-paced and clearly written, and I've had such fun. Their blogs are informative and generous. They offer so many free patterns online, and it's rare to find artists willing to share their successful secrets. One of the nicest things about them is that whenever you leave a comment on their blogs, they send you a personal response. Do you know how gratifying that is? If you sign up for their newsletter, you'll be entered to win their givaway as well. (I probably shouldn't tell you that if I want more chances to win, should I?)
So, because they inspire me, I'm about to take the leap of courage and show you some of my creative projects. My other blog is currently on hiatus, but if you want to check it out for past posts, here is that link. DO check out Terri and Sue. They also have links to their favorite creative artists, and this is a wonderful web community.
Enjoy! Here are the matching tie-dyes created for a special 4th of July family celebration. Thanks for the order, Heather. Your photos were smashing.
And these are Heather's beautiful children with their Easter tie-dyes. Heather is a photographer who is an associate and personal friend to my daughter.

Now, you might like some examples of items made from Sue Bleiweiss's projects. Here is a journal made from a brown paper lunch sack.

Then we have a book made from pattern paper. And those are just teasers. I'm looking forward to more classes from Sue and Terri, and you won't be sorry checking out the other blogs listed in the sidebars. Next blog might be about quilts. Check back again, and please leave comments. It's no fun doing a blog thinking no one is reading it.
Here's to sharing creative adventures.....Bon Voyage.

1 comment:

Kass said...

How wonderful! Glad to be a follower. Check out my blog:
www.kasscho.blogspot.com