Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Gilded Goldfish Batik Card















Here's the before and after goldfish sent to my grandchildren in Tennessee. I'm sure they would have been just as happy with the before picture, but I'm still practicing my Zentangles, and getting to know the nature of paper batik. While I'm at it, I'll post a Thank you card I'm working on. Everyone in blogland knows how hard it is to reproduce a 2D image that has gold and silver on it. It just doesn't do justice to the real thing.....anyway, that's my excuse. I still think someone will like receiving it. Who doesn't like to be thanked?

5 comments:

Kass said...

I'm going to try to think of something really great that I can do for you, so I can get one of those thank-you cards. So very very cool - or, as they say in London, "tidy."

Sarah E. said...

We can't wait for the goldfish to come! Thank you, it's beautiful!

lori vliegen said...

isn't it amazing what those little doodles can do for a goldfish?! it looks fantastic!! :)

baodad said...

Wow! I can't wait to see how you did those doodles! With some kind of gel pens, I'm guessing.

baodad said...

We received your goldfish card today, and the picture here really doesn't do it justice. It's beautiful! XOXO