Saturday, December 19, 2009

Dyeing for Christmas


You probably need to know the little five-year-old who prompted this project. Jonas is in kindergarten. You might understand more if I say he is the middle child, between two perpetual motion, high-kinetic-energy children. He has hated shoes and socks his whole life, immediately taking them off as soon as he's buckled in his car seat, carrying them into my house and depositing them in the shoe basket at the front door. So, when I asked him what he wanted for Christmas, and he answered, "I want some tie-dyed socks, Grams," I couldn't resist. I ordered wonderfully soft bamboo from Dharma Trading, and tie-dyed a family's worth. (If you're in Tennessee, you're invited to place an order, including all white, if you like what you see.)

Now, to show you the youngest constant motion child in the family, you'll see that I couldn't get her to hold still for a photo. These were all taken within one minute of each other. She is 2 1/2 years old, but the clothes are 18 month sizes, so you get an idea of how tiny this little hurricane is. She walks on her tippy-toes, but usually the toes turn under, like a toe-dancer.

1 comment:

Kass said...

Marie, love those tie-dies! Is that youngest a clone of Alyson or what?

I'm here at Todd's in Nebraska. I showed him Sarah (and John's) blog, then I started one for him. It's www.shelvethat.blogspot.com

Who knows if he'll ever log in?

Having a great time here in Nebraska. The grandchildren are adorable. The granddogs are having a great time playing with each other. I'm going to have to restrain myself with posting grandmotherly pictures when I get home....or not.
Hope you're having a great time,
Kathy