Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Sneak Preview-Quilt Gift for Christmas

We have a bit of a Christmas dilemma every year. If I can possibly think of a gift for my DH, I can pretty much guarantee he'll go out and get one 6 weeks before. In all of our married life, I've not been able to surprise him. This year I thought I'd finally come up with an idea. He has confiscated one of the old kid's bedrooms for his multi-purpose room, and I decided to finish a UFO for his newly carpeted, lighted den. Yesterday in the mail, a package from LL Bean--and, you guessed it!! A quilt for his new room. Well, here is a peek of the quilt that was in progress. We'll see who gets it.

4 comments:

Kass said...

I'm confused. Did John buy HIMSELF a quilt? What is a UFO? Is DH, dear husband? I can think of a lot of other D words.

June Calender said...

It's going to be beautiful and a purchased one from LL Bean probably got made in China of inferior fibers uninterestingly quilted on a big factory machine. If he has any taste at all -- I assume he does because he cared enough to do some decorating -- he'll love yours more.

Sarah E. said...

So THAT'S where Jonathon gets it. The Christmas before we were married he told me about a book he wanted. I thought, perfect timing, and went and got it for him. A few days before Christmas we were in a book store and he decided to get it for himself. I had to tell him I already got it for him because no amount of persuading could get him NOT to buy it. I think I might finally have him at least partially trained. The rule is, no buying anything for yourself the month before Christmas. If you want something, a few subtle or not so subtle hints and then if you don't get it on the 25th you can go buy it on the 26th. Now, I just have to instill that in Cedar. He has just learned that he can earn money and buy himself stuff. He cried and cried when I told him he could NOT buy himself a bakugan until after Christmas. He is, however looking for ways of getting around my rule. Is there something in the male English gene that is wired this way? Where is the surprise?

lori vliegen said...

ughhh....my little dutch boy is the SAME way!! this must be a guy thing!! we have new rules now that if he buys anything for himself after thanksgiving, he's under house arrest!! (of course, i'm SO glad that these rules don't apply to me....especially when i'm in hobby lobby! hee hee).

your quilt is gorgeous, gorgeous!!! hugs, :))