Monday, April 26, 2010

Phoebe, the Hummingbird LIVE and other blogs of note

There are so many wonderful blogs around, we could all live to be 100 and never visit them all.   I've found a few treasures, and you can usually find their links on the right.

One of my creative heroes, Lori Vliegen, introduced  this adorable little hummingbird  which you can view 24/7 on a live feed from ustream.   Thanks, many times over, Lori, for your cheerful view of the world.  ( You will be seeing more of Lori's artwork here in the near future.)

Another of my online teachers, Sue Bleiweiss, is a guest curator on Jenny Doh's ART SAVES blog.    Sue is most gracious, and has tagged my Zentangle Shoes ( my March 2 post) in her recommended links.  Maybe I'll get my 15 minutes of fame, d' ya think?  All of us can agree that "art saves" in any number of ways. 

You might have noticed my new little photo icon.   I owe the "no longer silent "K" for that one.  Kass is so creative, she keeps several blogs running.   That photo is from her "Shooting Strangers in Restaurants" blog, although I was not THE stranger this time....just being my usual strangeness.

If you just want to feel peaceful and calm, check out Just....A Moment .  All I have to do is open here, and I feel a breath of fresh air.  The title says it all, but the entries are inspiring.

June always amazes me.   I learn so much from her, and she's completely supportive and personable.

I hope Martha forgives me for inadvertently leaving her out yesterday.   When I was trying to bring back my calligraphy hand, I took her wonderful  Calligra-Fun class with brush markers.   It was really well presented, and Martha is an amazing, versatile artist in many mediums.  I can't keep up with her.  Art du jour, indeed.   She also teaches a traditional italic hand at Creative Workshops.  (More info on her blog page)   I LOVE taking online classes in my jammies.

Of course, my family members make me proud, and blogging is one way we stay connected.

Thank you to all the wonderfully dedicated, generous, and creative people who take time to make this human life more interesting and creative.
May we be peaceful, May we be healed, May we be a source of healing.

3 comments:

Kass said...

Your picture looks great here. Glad you could use it. Thanks for the links.

S. Etole said...

This was a special surprise ... blessings to you!

lori vliegen said...

LOVE your picture marie.....how cute are you!! i'm so glad you're having fun watching phoebe.....isn't she precious?!! and congrats on your feature link over at crescendoh......you go girl!!!! xox, :))
p.s. thanks ever so much for the linky love! xo